logo
 

Home


News

Guided Tours
Events
Press releases

History of...

The barracks
The prisoners of war
The expellees

French Chapel

The origin
Religious use
Preservation

Museum

POW Camp
Educational program
Escape & expulsion

Association

Target
Become a Member
Commitee
Publications
Memberships

Sponsors

Imprint

 

 

 

 

Camp for Expellees – Refuge and Expulsion

Memory of the expellees from the Eastern parts of Germany
Three rooms reflect the subject “Refuge and Expulsion” of the German population after world war the second. Moreover the 20th century as time of expulsion in Europe is considered.

In block 3 of the today’s barracks “Colonel BEM Adam” – still an authentic place – the visitors are confronted with the fate of the Silesians who found a first place to stay in the former Oflag VI A in Soest. The visitor is taken into the former life in the camp by means of many original pieces of memory and by reports in old newspapers. The exhibition ends at integration and at termination of camp life in 1951.

The exhibition has been completed in 2006.

For groups of pupils an educational programme is offered.







 

 

 

 

Gedenkstätte Französische Kapelle Soest
Meiningser Weg 20
59494 Soest
Germany

Mailing adress:
Geschichtswerkstatt Französische Kapelle e.V.
Detmolder Str. 12
59494 Soest
Germany

phone:
+49 2921-943808 oder
+49 2921-81177

eMail:
info@franzkapellesoest.de

 

 ..